No matter where you are, we can help! A-List has online tutoring, application and essay advising, and teacher training options available to families and educators.
A-List began to offer online sessions to students in New York many years ago as a practical solution to a yearly problem – snow and bad weather. We quickly realized that online is more than a band-aid, it’s an incredibly powerful means of interacting with students and families from all over the world. We utilize the most advanced conferencing tools that allow us to record our sessions, share our computer screens and pass notes to students. So, no matter where you are, we can help!
Online tutoring is a great option for students that attend boarding school, live in areas A-List doesn’t traditionally serve, or during circumstances where traditional in-home tutoring isn’t feasible (for example, during inclement weather). Each of our instructors is trained to effectively hold tutoring sessions using online programs. These allow students and tutors to share work, write on screen and engage collaboratively in a setting that’s familiar and comfortable for kids in the digital age. While these online tools can be beneficial to international students and students outside of the Metropolitan New York area, they can also be extremely helpful for any students looking for an extra edge.
Advantages of online tutoring include:
- No risk first online session – if a student completes a session online and is unhappy with it, we will not charge for that session
- Keep their regular appointment to ensure continuity, communication and confidence—especially as they approach real exams dates
- Online sessions can be scheduled to supplement in-person sessions to maximize potential
- Schedule online sessions for students who are away for the summer or on school vacation
Admissions & Essay Services
Like with tutoring, A-List can lend our admissions and essay editing expertise to students and families no matter where in the world they are located. Our entire admissions advising program can be customized to meet the needs of international or remote clients. Advising services include everything from selecting schools to developing application components to a final review before submission.
- Assisting with school selection
- Set up a timeline for application completion
- Developing application components (weekly check-in)
- Maintain timeline for visits, interviews, and application completion
- Suggestions of appropriate outside recommenders
- Brainstorm insightful essay topics
- Develop resumes and activity sheets
- Forms for international students / TEOFL requirements
- Find your admissions representatives
- Mock interviews
- Review each application for submission (approximately 10 schools)
- Ongoing support to confirm all application components were received
Interested in A-List’s online tutoring or admissions services? Contact us today to get started!
SAT/ACT Teacher Training
A-List also has online ACT/SAT teacher training options available. Our webinar training may be the best option for you if:
- Hosting a professional development or attending an A-List seminar is not feasible
- You are already well-versed in the ACT and/or SAT and only require supplemental or topic-specific training
Our webinar training format involves one-on-one or small-group training with a member of our senior staff. Online training can be customized to meet teachers’ specific needs and provides an accessible forum for educators to ask their specific questions.
Interested in A-List’s online SAT/ACT training options? Contact us for more information about getting started.
I think A-List is a great organization. My tutor was positive and tailored the material to my learning style. She made learning each subject fun and presented new topics in an engaging fashion. Thank you so much to A-List for helping me achieve my personal best!
A-List gave me more than just practice tests and test-taking tips, though these were invaluable. My tutor connected with me on a personal level and helped me understand that I was capable of getting the score I wanted. Suddenly, I viewed my test-taking experience as a challenge, not a burden. I walked into my ACT with the confidence that I knew exactly how to conquer every aspect of the test.”
Mother of Phoebe C.
Both my children had an amazing experience with A-List! Steadily, she worked hard to improve her test scores. Taking the practice tests allowed her to gain confidence and learn to manage her time during the tests. Then a college advisor helped her write her college essays. She was an amazing guide who helped Phoebe focus and streamline her supplements and essays. Now she will be attending her dream college, Rice University, School of Architecture!