A-List is an innovative educational services provider seeking to formalize their unique and personal approach to education. We are dedicated to helping students from all backgrounds achieve their academic goals and successfully prepare for their educational futures. A-List provides the very best in educational services to our clients.
We began working with 5 students in 2005 and now serve more than 50,000 students across our tutoring and institutional programs from all around the United States and from as far afield as the UK, Dubai, Switzerland, and China.
- Standardized tests, academic tutoring, and college advising throughout the NY Tri-State area and Los Angeles
- Direct instruction services provided to a number of schools and nonprofits organizations
- SAT/ACT professional development, materials and test grading services provided to schools and organizations throughout the US and around the world
- A-List UK offering standardized test, tutoring and international admissions services to students throughout England (and Europe!)
We welcome the opportunity to partner with more schools and organizations around the country; for more information or to get started, simply contact us.
And we're always looking for well-qualified and dynamic instructors and tutors to join the A-List team.
A-List began working with 5 students in 2005 and now serves more than 50,000 students across our tutoring and institutional programs from all around the United States and from as far afield as London, Paris, and Hong Kong. Aside from test preparation, academic tutoring and college advising, our goal is to help level the playing field by serving as many students as possible through our school and nonprofit partnerships.
A-List’s students improve their SAT/ACT scores exponentially—often achieving scores more than 3x the national average! This success has been instrumental in securing acceptances to many of the most prestigious colleges across the country, including Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Duke, and Stanford. These results have also helped students earn awards of more than $1 million each year in merit and need-based financial aid.
A-List’s expertise is much broader than the SAT; we have developed curriculum for the ACT as well a program aligning test preparation to the Common Core State Standards Initiative, allowing academic work from 9th-12th grade to empower students to succeed not only in high school but beyond. Demonstrating successful outcomes in diverse settings, from one-on-one tutoring to courses to institutional partnerships with schools and nonprofits, A-List is committed to being an active participant in the communities it serves. 80% of our students do not pay for our services thanks to our partnerships with a number of incredible schools and nonprofit organizations, in which A-List provides direct instruction and professional development.
We collaborate with schools and organizations across the country and around the world, training teachers in close to twenty states and in the UK, Switzerland and China. We are also proud to work with several nationally-recognized nonprofit groups like the Harlem Children’s Zone, I Have a Dream Foundation, Jewish Home Lifecare, and New Yorkers for Children. These relationships allow us to provide students from diverse backgrounds access to premium-quality educational guidance.
The final component of A-List’s business model is product development. A-List’s first two products to market, Vocab Videos and College Essay Organizer, are already being used by thousands of students and teachers across the country.
Meet Our Team
The A-List team is made up of passionate educators with a unique and personal approach to academics.
Our management and administrative team collectively boast 75+ years of tutoring, teaching, and standardized test preparation experience and have provided instruction to more than 20,000 students. Our managers ensure that all things at A-List run smoothly, from communicating with our valued clients to cultivating institutional and nonprofit partnerships in order to help more students and expand A-List's reach.
Our team of expert tutors, all of whom are graduates of prestigious universities and have completed A-List's rigorous 100+ hour SAT/ACT training program, are dedicated not only to helping students improve their test scores and academic performance, but to connecting with students and leaving them with tools that will help them achieve future educational success well beyond test prep.
A-List's college advisors and professional consultants help complete the A-List staff. These educational experts in topics ranging from college admissions to financial aidto meeting the needs of LD students are available to offer clients their specialized advice.
Why Choose Us
- The A-List team management collectively boasts 75+ years of tutoring, teaching, and standardized test preparation experience and has provided instruction to more than 20,000 students.
- Our dynamic tutors are expert instructors, and have gone through 100 hours+ of A-List training. Our team is passionate about providing our clients with the very best educational consulting.
- A-List's approach is data driven. We've created our own proprietary SAT and ACT materials based on extensive research and years of standardized test preparation and teaching experience.
- We are at the forefront of our field: A-List was one of eighteen organizations selected to attend The Aspen Institute's Education Innovation Forum & Expo in Washington, DC. The January 2011 event brought together nationally recognized innovators in education to address the leading challenges facing America's educational system.
- We stand apart from traditional tutoring firms in our dedication to fostering long-term relationships with students and families.
- Our extensive portfolio of services enables us to consult clients from grade five through post-graduate studies.
- We are dedicated to helping close the educational opportunity divide by enhancing student access to quality college prep classes, advising and financial aid. We are proud to work with several nationally recognized nonprofit organizations like the Boys & Girls Clubs, Graham-Windham, Harlem Children's Zone, and Year Up.
- We've established professional development and training and licensing services to help schools and educational institutions run their own test-preparation programs.
- We have developed innovative technological solutions, Vocab Videos & College Essay Organizer, to assist students with the test prep and the college application process and to make valuable learning tools readily accessible to all students.