A-List's organization, learning tools and test prep. Our tutor was absolutely amazing. She was so exuberant, organized and diligent. We have never met a tutor who cared about our child so much and really was in tune with how to motivate him...Thank you A-List!”
The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject tests in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science plus an optional essay.
- The English section is 45 minutes long and has 75 multiple choice grammar and usage questions.
- The Mathematics section is 60 minutes long and has 60 multiple choice math questions.
- The Reading section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice reading comprehension questions.
- The Science section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice data interpretation questions.
- The Writing Section is a 30 minute optional essay which, if taken, will be combined with the English score.
You can receive a score of 1-36 on each of the four testsand the final score is the average of the four tests rounded to the nearest whole number.
A-List provides private, in home tutoring for the ACT. The ACT is increasingly popular with students and universities, and A-List has expert tutors available to help prepare for the test. It is a good alternative for some students who, for whatever reason, do not perform well on the SAT. We have developed our own extensively researched materials that demonstrate the essential elements of mastering the ACT such as timing and question strategy. Note that for many students who have prepared for the SAT with us, it only takes a few additional tutoring sessions to transition to the ACT.
Complete our get started form at left to provide us with more information about your student. An A-List representative will give you a call within a few days to answer any of your questions about our program and to get you matched with the right tutor!