College Admissions Advisors
WHAT IS COLLEGE ADVISING?
The mission of A-List’s college advising program is to take the stress and confusion out of the application process and to help students gain acceptance into the colleges of their choice. We will help you to stay informed and on track throughout the application process. A-List’s advisors will customize their program to suit each family’s specific needs.
Our expert team can help students virtually every aspect of the admissions process:
- Selecting and visiting colleges and universities
- Developing a thorough and realistic list of best fit universities
- Advising on high school courses and schedules
- Maintaining a timeline for requirements and deadlines
- Recommending extracurricular activities and summer programs
- Organizing resumes and activity sheets
- Drafting outstanding university application essays
- Completing the Common App, the UC Application and universities-specific supplements
- Suggesting appropriate outside recommenders
- Conducting mock interviews
- Preparing art portfolios
- Giving advice for athletic recruiting
- Providing guidance on test-optional policies
- Connecting with admission counselors
- Applying for and securing financial aid
- Deciding between letters of acceptance and financial aid packages
- Following up after submission to make sure all components arrived successfully
A-List can also assist clients with US elementary school, middle school, high school and graduate school admissions.
For more information about our college advising programs, please contact our Director of College Advising, Natasha de Sherbinin at 646-216-9187, extension 232.
CONNECT WITH A COLLEGE ADMISSION ADVISOR
Complete our get started form below to provide us with more information about your student. An A-List representative will contact you to answer any questions about our program and to get you matched with the right advisor.
I think A-List is a great organization. My tutor was positive and tailored the material to my learning style. She made learning each subject fun and presented new topics in an engaging fashion. Thank you so much to A-List for helping me achieve my personal best!
A-List gave me more than just practice tests and test-taking tips, though these were invaluable. My tutor connected with me on a personal level and helped me understand that I was capable of getting the score I wanted. Suddenly, I viewed my test-taking experience as a challenge, not a burden. I walked into my ACT with the confidence that I knew exactly how to conquer every aspect of the test.”
Mother of Phoebe C.
Both my children had an amazing experience with A-List! Steadily, she worked hard to improve her test scores. Taking the practice tests allowed her to gain confidence and learn to manage her time during the tests. Then a college advisor helped her write her college essays. She was an amazing guide who helped Phoebe focus and streamline her supplements and essays. Now she will be attending her dream college, Rice University, School of Architecture!