College Advisor (Ongoing)
We are currently hiring College Advisors to work with New Jersey and Long Island high school students throughout the college admission process.
- Have experience in college admissions (admissions officer at a college, guidance counselor at a high school, private counselor, etc)
- Have excellent knowledge of the college admissions process and be able to guide families through every facet of it
- Graduated from a top-tier school
- Be able to work with students on college selection, creation of target, reach and safety schools lists, resumes, interview skills, application essays, and financial aid
- Be able to commit for one year (May–December, with the understanding that the admissions cycle is most active from August-December)
- Have a valid driver’s license for at least one year prior to hiring and be willing to travel to Long Island or New Jersey to meet with clients
- Attend regular staff check-ins, either in person or remotely
- Sign a non-compete agreement
- Be fun
- Be smart
- Be relatively easy-going/flexible
- Be punctual
- Have outstanding people skills
- Have a desire to be a great tutor/educator
How to Apply
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please mention:
- Your educational experience, and the subjects you are able to teach
- Why you are interested in working for A-List
- An outside interest that you are passionate about
Qualified applicants will be asked to interview for a position.
A-List is a boutique educational services provider specializing in tutoring and advising students applying to US universities. We are dedicated to helping students from all backgrounds achieve their academic goals and successfully prepare them for their educational futures. Our tutors and advisors offer a range of bespoke services to clients from all over the NYC area, ranging from in-home, private tutoring to group classes in schools and non-profits.
A-List is an equal opportunity employer. A-List considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.