SAT/ACT Tutor – Long Island
A-List Education is a boutique educational services provider specializing in test preparation and advising programs for college bound students. We are currently seeking both entry level and experienced tutors to deliver exceptional, one-on-one test preparation for the SAT and ACT in the homes of our Long Island students.
A-List tutors are expected to commit to working with a minimum of 4 private tutoring students located on Long Island per week. The schedules and frequency of tutoring sessions will vary based on the needs of each student. Generally, tutors can expect to meet each student once weekly for sessions lasting anywhere from 1.5-2 hours each over the course of 3-10 months. Tutoring sessions take place weekdays after school (3-8pm) and on weekends.
The personal academic goals of our private tutoring students can range anywhere from average to highly competitive test results.
Ideal candidates will feel comfortable working with students at all learning levels and their parents. While a tutor’s main objective is to increase student test scores, our tutors often play the role of “trusted advisor” to their student’s parents. We expect our tutors to be responsive, flexible, professional, and confident in their ability to provide families with sound advice and recommendations that pertain to their student’s study plans.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working with students (prior teaching, tutoring or test preparation is a huge plus!)
- Ability to tutor all sections of the SAT and ACT
- Flexible availability on weekday afternoons and evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to commit to A-List for a minimum of one academic year (Sept-June)
- Ability to travel to student’s homes located throughout Nassau and/or Suffolk County
- Authorized to work in the US
- Candidates will be required to complete and pass a full length practice exam during the interview process
- Successful completion of a paid, comprehensive training program is mandatory prior to working with students
- Curriculum materials are provided
- Tutors receive two different rates of pay that are dependent upon the task they are completing. The starting rate for tutoring time is $50/hour and the rate for training and preparation work is $15/hour.
- Public transportation and gas mileage are reimbursable
- Opportunities to cross-train to tutor additional exams or teach our classroom programs may become available
- A dedicated office staff is available to help troubleshoot student progress, facilitate communicate with parents, set appropriate goals with students and manage expectations
Preference is given to candidates that submit cover letters. For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional job openings can be found at https://www.alisteducation.com/work-for-a-list/.
A-List is an equal opportunity employer. A-List considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.