We are currently hiring both entry-level and advanced tutors to begin training in July 2016.
- Part-time (9+ clients/wk) and full-time (15+ clients/wk) positions available
- Flexible scheduling (sessions take place after school and/or on weekends)
- Ongoing support through A-List’s full curriculum training, weekly team meetings, and workshops with experienced tutors
- Tutoring starts at $49.95/hr with annual raises based on the tutor’s performance reviews (Tutor rates are determined during the training phase, so experienced tutors will start at a higher compensation level.)
- Training is paid at $15/hr at our Manhattan office
- Our clients reside throughout the tri-state area, but new tutors usually begin with predominantly Long Island students (transportation is provided)
- Opportunities for growth include tutoring at A-List’s international locations, group classes for local programs, and curriculum development
- Scored at least 2100 the SAT; i.e., 700+ Math, Reading, Writing (or 31+ on the ACT). Applicants may be asked to demonstrate their mastery by taking an actual SAT or ACT in our office.
- Be able to teach ALL 3 sections of the SAT and ALL 4 sections of the ACT
- Have experience in education (not necessarily with the SAT or ACT)
- Graduated from a top-tier school
- Be able to commit for one year (until the June ACT)
- Have a valid driver’s license for at least one year prior to hiring
- Must be available on Tuesday for staff meetings (11AM – 12:30PM)
- Must be available on Fridays for training sessions (3-4 hours)
- Sign a non-compete agreement
- Be fun
- Be smart
- Be relatively easy-going/flexible
- Be punctual
- Have outstanding people skills
- Have a desire to be a great tutor/educator
Possible benefits for full-time tutors include:
- Transportation Stipend
- Retirement Plan
- Health Plan
- Tutoring abroad
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please mention:
- Your educational experience
- Why you are interested in working for A-List
- An outside interest that you are passionate about
Qualified applicants will be asked to prepare and present a mock-tutoring demonstration.
This position is for our NYC office, but we have similar openings in our international locations.
A-List is an equal opportunity employer. A-List considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.