Highest Score Improvements
A-List believes that it is essential for us to be transparent with our students and families. Part of that transparency comes from us being able to provide accurate and timely score improvement data to all of our clients. A-List measures student improvement from each of our students’ baseline diagnostic exam to their scores on their best official exam, and year after year, we find ourselves ahead of the industry. Below is more information about our score improvement success:
- Score improvements are measured for students that spend at least 10 hours preparing with our instructors
- We track our data by class year, by region, and also by school
- Student score reports also track historical data graphically so students and parents can actually see their scores improving
- Our SAT & ACT students typically improve by over three times the national average
- The top 25% of our students improved an average of 350 points on the SAT and 6 points on the ACT
- While we don’t provide any score improvement guarantees, we expect all of our students to improve if they take regular practice exams and complete their assignments
- Our score improvements have aided our students in getting into some of the best boarding & secondary schools, colleges & universities, and graduate school programs around the country
William P. +5 ACT, Harvard University Class of 2020
A-List gave me more than just practice tests and test-taking tips, though these were invaluable. My tutor connected with me on a personal level and helped me understand that I was capable of getting the score I wanted. Suddenly, I viewed my test-taking experience as a challenge, not a burden. I walked into my ACT with the confidence that I knew exactly how to conquer every aspect of the test. That confidence was the greatest thing that A-List gave me, and I can’t recommend them enough.
Heather L., Harvard Graduate School of Education Class of 2016
I took an A-List GRE class over the summer. Even though there were all levels of students in the class, our teacher addressed everyone’s needs and concerns. He had the most extensive vocabulary and also an expansive knowledge of algebraic concepts, which are essential on the exam. I cannot thank A-List enough for helping me get into my graduate school program!
Kanishka K. +440 SAT, Columbia University Class of 2018
I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with A-List! A-List was so supportive and helpful through every aspect of the stressful college admissions process. I got into my dream school, and A-List played an integral part of the achievement! In addition to tutoring, I also received guidance writing both the personal and supplemental essays. My tutor and college advisor were always so encouraging and positive! Also, being able to take ample practice tests in a classroom setting much like that of the actual SAT/ACT helped me gain much more test-taking confidence and made me feel very comfortable when it came time to take the real thing. Thank you so much for everything!