Portledge SAT/ACT Boot Camps
SAT/ACT Boot Camps at the Portledge School
A-List Education is hosting SAT/ACT boot camps at the Portledge School this summer! The classes will be held at the Portledge School located at 355 Duck Pond Road, Locust Valley, NY 11560. To register please complete the form below or contact our office at 646-216-9187 (M-F 9:30AM-6PM). There will be two sessions offered: July 9-13 (9AM – 12PM) and Aug 6-10 (9AM – 12PM).
Boot Camp Details
- Two sessions offered Summer 2018: July 9-13 (9AM – 12PM) and Aug 6-10 (9AM – 12PM)
- SAT/ACT test content taught by test prep experts; all A-List instructors receive 100+ hours of SAT/ACT training
- 20 hours of classroom instruction offered during one of 2 weeks
- Included A-List materials: The Book of Knowledge, Vocab Videos account & Workbook
- Proctored diagnostic exams using only official SAT and ACT tests. Boot camp students may attend 2 A-List practice tests after completion of the course. ALL Portledge students (even those not enrolled in our boot camp) may attend 1 August practice test
- Cost: $799 (covers course, materials, and testing)
“Our tutor was great for both my son and daughter. She helped prepare them for both the SAT and ACT. She was able to show them the best way to approach and answer questions. She was dedicated and enthusiastic which made the whole process easier. Then they could take a full length practice test almost every weekend. I would recommend A-List to anyone.”
-Mother of Zubin K., +4 ACT points, Portledge 2016, Boston University 2020 & Julia K., +3 ACT points, Portledge 2015
Portledge Score Improvements
Valerie F. (Portledge School, 2016) + 8 ACT points
Ryan G. (Portledge School, 2011) + 5 ACT points
Alec G. (Portledge School, 2015) + 4 ACT points
Zubin K. (Portledge School, 2016) + 3 ACT points
Jake L. (Portledge School, 2014) + 5 ACT points
Patrice N. (Portledge School, 2016) + 5 ACT points
Evan S. (Portledge School, 2013) + 6 ACT points
Hara P. (Portledge School, 2011) + 4 ACT points
Matthew S. (Portledge School, 2017) + 4 ACT points
Hara P. (Portledge School, 2011) + 480 SAT points
I think A-List is a great organization. My tutor was positive and tailored the material to my learning style. She made learning each subject fun and presented new topics in an engaging fashion. Thank you so much to A-List for helping me achieve my personal best!
A-List gave me more than just practice tests and test-taking tips, though these were invaluable. My tutor connected with me on a personal level and helped me understand that I was capable of getting the score I wanted. Suddenly, I viewed my test-taking experience as a challenge, not a burden. I walked into my ACT with the confidence that I knew exactly how to conquer every aspect of the test.”
Mother of Phoebe C.
Both my children had an amazing experience with A-List! Steadily, she worked hard to improve her test scores. Taking the practice tests allowed her to gain confidence and learn to manage her time during the tests. Then a college advisor helped her write her college essays. She was an amazing guide who helped Phoebe focus and streamline her supplements and essays. Now she will be attending her dream college, Rice University, School of Architecture!