ACT/SAT Professional Development Seminars
If you are an individual teacher, tutor, homeschooler OR from a small school or organization that can’t take on an institution-wide professional development program, we have a solution for you: attend an A-List professional development seminar!
We host two-day ACT, SAT, and ACT/SAT training seminars in our NYC office on numerous occasions throughout the year. The cost to attend a 2-day NYC seminar is $1500/participant.
We have also recently introduced regional seminars. In an effort to help schools lower their professional development costs, our partners have been hosting professional development seminars at their schools and offering several spots in their trainings to surrounding school and nonprofit partners. This allows the cost to be split between a variety of organizations, lowering the per participant/school fee dramatically. Please contact us for pricing for regional trainings.
If you are interested in attending any of our seminars or scheduling one in your region, please contact our Professional Development team. There are also group discounts available. See the available seminar dates below, and register for one of the two-day seminars by clicking the REGISTER button below.
–Monday, Dec. 10th and Tuesday, Dec. 11th- SAT/ACT Math & SAT/ACT ELA
-Monday, Feb. 11th and Tuesday, Feb. 12th- SAT/ACT Math & SAT/ACT ELA
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions, for more information, or to schedule regional trainings.
|Time: 9am – 4pm (both days)|
|Subject: SAT/ACT Math & ELA|
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
A-List’s SAT and ACT teacher training seminars will provide educators with:
- 12 hours of SAT/ACT Math and SAT/ACT ELA teacher training : A-List will give you a complete understanding of SAT/ACT Math and SAT/ACT ELA content and the techniques needed for improving student performance on the tests. Our comprehensive training seminars will equip you with the tools and resources necessary to teach individual students, run your own SAT or ACT course, and/or make informed decisions about how to integrate the material into your classrooms. Educators may attend one or both sessions.
- SAT or ACT Teacher Manual: A-List will provide all seminar attendees with proprietary materials including The SAT Book of Knowledge Teacher Manual or The ACT Book of Knowledge Teacher Manual. The manuals are extensively researched and offer essential techniques, strategies, and insights for helping students master the SAT/ACT (if you would like both books, an additional manual can be purchased at $74.99).
- Breakfast & Lunch: A complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided each day.
*Travel and lodging is paid for by the participant.
Sample Training Agendas:
- ACT-New SAT Two-Day Training Agenda
- Sample One-Day SAT Training Agenda
- Sample Two-DAY ACT Training Agenda
MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS
John is a graduate of Columbia University and has served as both a director and teacher for several test-preparation companies; during this time, he has worked with more than 3000 students. Additionally, John has written preparation materials for both the SAT and ACT and has been a guest speaker on such matters.
John is the primary trainer of A-List’s ever-growing and exemplary tutoring and teaching staff.
Originally from Los Angeles, CA, Dory grew up in San Jose, where he was a National Merit Scholar, and then returned to LA where he graduated from UCLA as a Gluck Fellow. He began tutoring math and teaching voice lessons while still in college, where he developed a passion for seeing his students succeed. In addition to teaching, Dory is an active performer of opera and oratorio throughout the United States. In his free time, Dory enjoys cooking and traveling.
Since graduating from Harvard University in 2001, Co-Founder of A-List Education, Scott Farber, has spent 10,000+ hours working with students one-on-one and in a classroom setting to help them improve their ACT/SAT scores by more than three times the national average. In addition to teaching students, Scott provides ACT/SAT teacher training to high schools and nonprofit organizations throughout the United States. Scott also works as an educational consultant, guest speaker, and is frequently interviewed by major media outlets including CNN and The Today Show.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO ATTEND?
NYC Seminar Cost: $1500/participant (2 days); $750 (1 day)
Group discounts available. Enrollment open.
If your school receives Title 1 funding, you may be eligible for discounts on professional development seminars.
Please contact us for more information regarding pricing for regional trainings.
For questions or further information please contact our PD team
646-889-1613 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. James M.
…There is a need for the type of program you have developed to be made available to every child regardless of income. This is why I have brought A-List into school districts I have been fortunate enough to lead: to train our teachers and provide the support necessary to improve our students’ scores.
A-List was engaging and substantive for our students. Each week our Dreamers were completely immersed in the class’s content…The sessions were poignant, enjoyable, and challenging and exactly what I had hoped for my Dreamers.
This was by far the most useful professional development session I’ve attended in my career.