Classroom Materials & Lesson Plans
A-List offers an extensive suite of proprietary materials and online learning tools for educators to use in the classroom to prepare students for the ACT and SAT. Some or all of these products can be incorporated into your test prep program to get students ready to conquer their college entrance exams.
Our online content and test assessment platform includes downloadable (PDF) slides available for every question found in A-List’s primary ACT/SAT manual, The Book of Knowledge, so that educators can talk through and/or work out featured ACT/SAT questions in front of their class.
A-List also has a suite of ACT and SAT instructional videos featuring A-List experts with thousands of hours of classroom experience teaching ACT/SAT content- including every question in our ACT/SAT Book of Knowledge.
- Created by experts: The A-List senior team collectively boasts 75+ years of tutoring, teaching, and standardized test preparation experience and has provided instruction to more than 70,000 students.
- Extensively-researched: A-List’s books are written by test experts who have combined the knowledge gained through countless hours spent researching ACT and SAT tests with their practical experience teaching thousands of students.
- Our methods and techniques have been proven effective by countless students who have used A-List materials and successfully increased their ACT and SAT scores—at times, more than 3x the national average!
- Master the tests: Our books offer students and educators essential techniques, strategies, and insights for mastering the ACT and SAT. Learn all of the content you need to know, helpful tricks and shortcuts specific to question types, and how to avoid common mistakes.
Learn more about and purchase our classroom materials and online tools.
TEST PREP LESSON PLANS, PACING GUIDES, BELL RINGERS
- Prior to the start of an in-school course, A-List can assist your faculty with the development of comprehensive class schedules for classes, outlining weekly assignments and setting practice tests dates.
- A-List can also provide teachers with a suite of customized teacher materials including lesson plans and downloadable (PDF) slides for each question in The Book of Knowledge to facilitate classroom learning.
- Our curriculum planning not only helps instructors determine how to best organize and present the material, but also provides a guideline for study pacing for individual or specialized groups of students to ensure that enough time is allotted for the each topic.
- No matter the format of your ACT/SAT program, we can tailor it to your needs– breaking down the course content as extensively as necessary. We can structure lesson plans based on a year-long, semester, or crash/boot camp course (with students working toward a particular test date); we can detail how the classes per week and class time should break down by test section and topic(s).
- All course schedules and lesson plans correspond with the contents of A-List’s ACT and SAT Book of Knowledge Teacher Manuals
- Use A-List “bell ringers” to start your classes; they serve dual purposes: they address content and/or skills for students to succeed in your classroom, and they provide opportunities for teachers to explore different ways of thinking (sometimes, the “ACT-way” or “SAT-way” is not necessarily the textbook way)
Complete our get started form to provide us with more information about your school/organization. An A-List representative will be in touch with more details about our offerings.
Dr. James M.
…There is a need for the type of program you have developed to be made available to every child regardless of income. This is why I have brought A-List into school districts I have been fortunate enough to lead: to train our teachers and provide the support necessary to improve our students’ scores.
A-List was engaging and substantive for our students. Each week our Dreamers were completely immersed in the class’s content…The sessions were poignant, enjoyable, and challenging and exactly what I had hoped for my Dreamers.
This was by far the most useful professional development session I’ve attended in my career.