Upcoming Events & Conferences
A-List regularly hosts ACT/SAT teacher training seminars and educational webinars; we also attend numerous conferences throughout the year. Please learn more about some of our upcoming and past events below. We hope to see some of you there!
- Dates: 7/10/19 – 7/12/19
- A-List representative attending: Scott Farber (A-List Founder)
- Learn more about the MSW Conference
- Dates: 11/5/19 – 11/6/19
- A-List representative attending: Scott Farber (A-List Founder) and Rachel Freni (Vice President)
- Dates: 6/13/18 at 4PM EST
- Taylor Bridges goes around the country (at his desk) to bring you the information you want for your dream school. Touching on: Should I take the Essay, Where to learn this information, What do these terms really mean?
- Dates: 5/16/18 at 4PM EST
- Watch Educational Consultant Taylor Bridges go over ways to maximize our time in a Reading Passage. Topics include: Perfect Preparation, how to cut out nonsense, saving precious time
- Dates: 4/18/18 at 4PM EST
- Taylor Bridges asks a question with a seemingly obvious answer, but a closer look reveals the confusion students face. Topics include: How to crack the code of dense SAT questions, keep words that give clues to our next step, using the answer choices to determine where we’re heading
- Dates: 4/11/18 – 4/13/18
- Join Senior Educational Consultant Dory Schultz on April 12th from 4:45-5:30pm for A-List’s informational session; stop by and ask your test prep and admissions questions! NPEA is a membership association dedicated to promoting quality, success, and growth amongst member organizations, partner schools, and communities committed to educational access. NPEA provides access to and participation in a collaborative learning community where organizations, institutions and individuals work to provide and expand educational opportunities for motivated, underserved students across the United States.
- Learn More
- Dates: 3/21/18 at 4PM EST
- Educational Consultant Taylor Bridges takes a deep dive into the vocabulary we use to talk about Grammar. Topics include: Why technical terms keep students at arm’s length, How to maximize time during other lessons to constantly reinforce basic knowledge, the value of repetition
- Dates: 3/26/18 – 3/28/18
- Join A-List Co-Founder & Vice President- Content Robert Hay and Educational Consultant Donna Lazar at Booth 1302! The California Charter Schools Association advances the charter school movement through state and local advocacy, leadership on accountability, and resources for member schools. CCSA is a trusted source of data and information on California’s charter schools for parents, authorizers, legislators, the press and other interested groups.
- Learn More
- Dates: 2/21/18 at 4PM EST
- Follow Educational Consultant Taylor Bridges as he uses a tried and true technique to flip the odds towards your favor. Topics include: ACT questions from recent tests, SAT questions in the higher difficulties, Using Guesstimate to eliminate answers
- Dates: 1/24/18 at 4PM EST
- Spend some time with Educational Consultant Taylor Bridges and discuss the ways we can keep calm during the big day. Topics include: How to manage stress during a test, breathing is your friend, exercises to maintain focus
- Date: 9/21/17 – 9/23/17
- Presentation: Leveling the Playing Field: Utilizing Research and Data to Build Effective ACT/SAT Programs
- A-List representatives attending: Scott Farber (A-List President & Founder) and Vanessa Oguchi (Director of School and Institutional Partnerships)
- Learn more about the CSAN Conference
- Date: 9/22/16 – 9/24/16
- Presentation: The New SAT- English and Math, College Admissions and Recommendation Letters
- A-List Representative Attended: Scott Farber (A-List President & Founder), Anna Marie Smith (Chief of Staff & Director of Advising), Mike Obstgarten (Owner and Founder of Most Prep), and Vanessa Oguchi (Director of School and Institutional Partnerships)
- Learn more about the Accord Education Summit
- Date: 5/18/16 – 5/21/16
- Presentation: Was an exhibitor
- A-List Representative Attended: Vanessa Oguchi (Director of School and Institutional Partnerships), Alina Abazova (School & Institutional Partnerships Manager), Robert DeBerry (Program Manager), and Andre Rivie (Program Manager)
- Learn more about the COSEBOC Annual Gathering of Leaders Conference
Dr. James M.
…There is a need for the type of program you have developed to be made available to every child regardless of income. This is why I have brought A-List into school districts I have been fortunate enough to lead: to train our teachers and provide the support necessary to improve our students’ scores.
A-List was engaging and substantive for our students. Each week our Dreamers were completely immersed in the class’s content…The sessions were poignant, enjoyable, and challenging and exactly what I had hoped for my Dreamers.
This was by far the most useful professional development session I’ve attended in my career.