ACT Test Preparation & Tutoring
ACT tutoring student
A-List provides private, in home ACT tutoring services. The ACT test is increasingly popular with students and universities and A-List has expert ACT tutors available to help prepare for the test. The ACT test is a good alternative for some students who, for whatever reason, do not perform well on the SAT. We have developed our own extensively researched materials that demonstrate the essential elements of mastering the ACT such as timing and question strategy. Note that for many students who have prepared for the SAT with us, it only takes a few additional tutoring sessions to transition to the ACT.
If you’re interested in working with A-List for tutoring or admissions services, please click on the button below and complete the form.
ACT Tutoring & Test Prep Info
The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject tests in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science plus an optional essay.
- The English section is 45 minutes long and has 75 multiple choice grammar and usage questions.
- The Mathematics section is 60 minutes long and has 60 multiple choice math questions.
- The Reading section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice reading comprehension questions.
- The Science section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice data interpretation questions.
- The Writing Section is a 40 minute optional essay which, if taken, will be combined with the English score.
- You can receive a score of 1-36 on each of the four tests and the final score is the average of the four tests rounded to the nearest whole number.