ACT Tutoring London

US University Financial Aid & Scholarships

Our expert advisors here at A-List work with international students to help secure financial aid and scholarships. What separates our program from other programs is that we can tell you why you are not now eligible and how to become eligible for financial aid. Here at A-List, we aim to keep the high cost of education affordable for all our students. Our experienced Advisors make the often complicated financial aid process simple and straightforward. Depending on what universities you apply for, there will be different financial aid structures, which we would be happy to walk you through. Our recommendations will help provide you with the tools and information you need to secure financial aid and scholarships for the schools you are interested in. The sooner you reach out, the more we can help with planning, and restructuring, which can save more effort in the long run.

Interested in Financial Aid and Scholarships? Call one of our representatives now on +44 20 3893 3553 or click the button below to provide us with more information about your request.

Enquire Now


How much does tuition cost for American Universities on average?

The average tuition and fee rates for 2015-16 American Universities include: $23,893 (£18,384) per year for out-of-state students at public four-year institutions, and $32,405 (£24,933) per year for private four-year institutions (College Board). For two-year colleges, expect tuition rates of approximately $6,500 (£4,047) per year. If you do not receive any scholarships you will be charged the full price of the university.

What should I expect my living expenses to be while in the States?

Living expenses are dependent on several factors such as personal lifestyle and location. Living expenses per academic year at an American university average to $10,138 (£7,816) for room and board, $1,298 (£1000) for books and supplies, $1,109 (£855) for transportation, $2,106 (£1,623) for personal expenses and $700 (£435) for health insurance. This varies based on the university and student expenses.

What types of funding are available?

Generally speaking, there are four types of funding for study in the US: personal / family savings, financial aid and scholarships from a US university, scholarships from an outside organisation and loans from a US or UK lender.

What are my chances of getting a scholarship?

No one will be able to give a definite answer on how much in scholarship funding you will receive. You will not know what scholarships you will be awarded until you have applied and been admitted to universities in the USA. There are many ways to increase your chances of receiving a scholarship, which one of our experienced advisors would be happy to help you out with. It is important for international students to only apply to those universities that provide financial aid.

I’ve been accepted to an American university, but I have no funding. What do I do?

In the US, many scholarship deadlines run simultaneously with admission application deadlines. Many international students receive university funding or scholarships/grants from external funding bodies. Finding funding involves a lot of dedication and research on the part of the student. You can still receive funding for the rest of your time at college, even if you do not receive it for the first year.

Can I work while I study in the USA?

As an international student you will be permitted to work on-campus for up to 20-hours a week while university is in session and 40-hours a week during holidays. After one year you can apply to work for an off-campus internship related to your field of study through Curricular Practical Training or Optional Practical Training. If you wish to work, check with your university’s career services office or student job webpage to see if there are any job openings that you can apply for. If you hold US citizenship, you can work where you please and for as many hours as you see fit. Please keep in mind that your main job is to be a student. Make sure you can balance your job and your academics.

How do I receive athletic scholarships?

For information on sports scholarships, please send us an enquiry (below) so we can match you with one of our athletic advisors. Please note there is a separate timeline and steps for pursuing sports scholarships through the athletic recruiting process.

What is the FAFSA form?

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an application that American citizens complete to receive financial aid from the federal and state government. If you hold US citizenship or permanent residency, you can find more information and access the application at

I am an American citizen. Am I eligible for grants and loans? 

If you are an American citizen or permanent resident you can apply to receive student loans or need-based grants through the US federal government. To begin the process of receiving federal grants or student loans, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at

Enquire Now

Or Call Now on +44 20 3893 3553