ACT Tutoring and Information
A-List offers the very best, customised tutoring and courses for the ACT. We have developed our own extensively researched ACT materials that demonstrate the essential elements of mastering the ACT such as timing and question strategy. Note that for many students who have prepared for the SAT with us, it only takes a few additional tutoring sessions to transition to the ACT. Learn more about these tests, ACT tutoring, and our test prep programme below.
Interested in ACT tutoring? Call one of our representatives now on +44 20 3893 3553 or click the button below to provide us with more information about your request.
An A-List representative will contact you to answer any questions about our programme.
Interested in our ACT Bootcamps? Find out more here.
Take a look here about our FREE practice exams.
About the ACT Test:
The ACT is a US university admissions examination that consists of subject tests in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science plus an optional essay.
- The English section is 45 minutes long and has 75 multiple choice grammar and usage questions.
- The Mathematics section is 60 minutes long and has 60 multiple choice math questions.
- The Reading section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice reading comprehension questions.
- The Science section is 35 minutes long and has 40 multiple choice data interpretation questions.
- The Writing Section is a 30 minute optional essay which, if taken, will be combined with the English score.
You can receive a score of 1-36 on each of the four tests and the final score is the average of the four tests rounded to the nearest whole number. The overall exam is just over four hours, including short breaks, if you are writing the essay portion. All four year institutions in the United States accept the ACT.
ACT moves to computer-based testing:
This autumn, the ACT will switch to computer-based testing at all international test centres. Starting with the September 8th test date, it will not be possible to request a paper test; students outside the US will take the exam on a computer in an approved test centre. Here a few important things to note:
- The test itself—its content, timing and scoring scale—will not be affected. A-List is helping our students prepare for the computer-based ACT with updated strategies and tools, including an online testing platform that simulates the new ACT experience.
- Scrap paper will be provided for students who take notes and write down calculations (as they should!)
- The test may be offered a few more times per year—a good opportunity for students who would normally have to test at the same time as IBs and A Levels.
- Scores will be available sooner: as quickly as a few days after the exam.
This news has not been widely broadcast, but notices have been sent to test centres in the UK, so we expect a public announcement soon. At A-List, we’ve been planning for this change for a long time. We’re prepared to administer practice tests using our online testing platform, and we’ve already started adapting our strategies and approach for this type of test.
If you would like more information about the ACT and our ACT tutoring plans, then please click on the button below.
Or Call Now on +44 20 3893 3553
From Our Tutoring Clients
A-List’s tutors are excellent. The A-List Book of Knowledge textbook helped IMMENSELY, and condensed all the topics in very understandable ways. The college counsellors have many years of expertise in the field, and can help you find a range of schools that are tailored to your requirements. I would recommend getting assistance from A-List to anyone who wants to study in the USA.
—Muna P. +5 ACT points
Dear A-List’ers—I just wanted to let you know that, thanks to your effective SAT tutoring, my son was offered a place at Stanford in the early action round. We are thrilled! Thank you for helping prepare him for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests over the past 15 months. He found it incredibly valuable and effective.
—Parent of son accepted to Stanford
From Our Advising Clients
A-List provides excellent service and quite literally helps students achieve their dreams.
—Daniel A, +530 SAT points, awarded $62,000 per year by Harvard University.
I can’t recommend A-List UK enough. You really feel that you can use as much or as little from what they offer to suit your needs. I will certainly be using them for my other two children!
—Parent of Son Attending New York University, Class of 2018
A-List is the best possible method of applying to the US. The quality of care is exceptional and they truly are my saving grace.
—Freddy, +330 SAT points
From Our Bootcamp Students
Really useful and fun camp. My SAT score improved massively.
Not only did A-List allow me to greatly improve my scores, but it also gave me an opportunity to make new friends.
A-List was 100% what I was looking for in SAT preparation. The strategies and techniques – they all work!