ACT Standby Information regarding upcoming ACT Tests
Miss the deadline to register? You’ve still got a chance to register for the ACT Standby.
If you miss the late deadline to register for a test date, or to request a test date or test center change, you may choose to sign in to your ACT account to request and pay for standby testing. Standby requests must be submitted during a limited “Standby Request Period” before the test date. Requests cannot be accepted after the last date listed for each test date below.
|Test Date||Standby Request Period|
|April 8, 2017||March 18 – March 31, 2017|
|June 10, 2017||May 20 – June 2, 2017|
ACT STANDBY TESTING CONDITIONS
The following conditions apply to standby testing:
- You are not guaranteed a seat or a test booklet.
- To be considered for admission to the test center, you must bring acceptable photo identification and your printed Standby Ticket for that center and have your name on the Standby Roster at that test center.
- Paper registration folders will not be accepted at the test center.
- Only standard time and regular print materials are available for standby testing.
- You must pay the applicable Standby testing fee in addition to any regular registration fees for your test option.
- Your standby request is valid only if you fully complete all required information online (including uploading a photo if required for your test date) and submit payment.
- If you fail to provide a photo by the stated deadline for your requested test date, your registration will be cancelled and you will not be allowed to test. Your standby request will not transfer to any other test date. Instead, ACT will refund the fees paid for your standby request.
- You must print a copy of your Standby Ticket and take it with you to the test center on test day. If you bring a ticket for another test date or a different test center, you will not be admitted.
- Test centers admit standbys on a first-come, first-admitted basis and only if there are seats, test materials, and staff available after all registered students have been admitted for their test option. You may be turned away.
- If you are not admitted to test on the upcoming test day, your standby request will not transfer to any other test date. Instead, ACT will refund the fees paid for your standby request.
- If you submit and pay for a standby request in order to change your test date or test center, your previous test date and test center assignment will be cancelled immediately, and the basic fee paid for your previous order will be refunded.
For more information regarding ACT Standby please look online at the ACT.
From Our Tutoring Clients
A-List’s tutors are excellent. The A-List Book of Knowledge textbook helped IMMENSELY, and condensed all the topics in very understandable ways. The college counsellors have many years of expertise in the field, and can help you find a range of schools that are tailored to your requirements. I would recommend getting assistance from A-List to anyone who wants to study in the USA.
—Muna P. +5 ACT points
Dear A-List’ers—I just wanted to let you know that, thanks to your effective SAT tutoring, my son was offered a place at Stanford in the early action round. We are thrilled! Thank you for helping prepare him for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests over the past 15 months. He found it incredibly valuable and effective.
—Parent of son accepted to Stanford
From Our Advising Clients
A-List provides excellent service and quite literally helps students achieve their dreams.
—Daniel A, +530 SAT points, awarded $62,000 per year by Harvard University.
I can’t recommend A-List UK enough. You really feel that you can use as much or as little from what they offer to suit your needs. I will certainly be using them for my other two children!
—Parent of Son Attending New York University, Class of 2018
A-List is the best possible method of applying to the US. The quality of care is exceptional and they truly are my saving grace.
—Freddy, +330 SAT points
From Our Bootcamp Students
Really useful and fun camp. My SAT score improved massively.
Not only did A-List allow me to greatly improve my scores, but it also gave me an opportunity to make new friends.
A-List was 100% what I was looking for in SAT preparation. The strategies and techniques – they all work!